Friday, July 15, 2011

Yesterday I Took a Nap

I have been so tired with my job(s) lately, and very overwhelmed with the number of things going on in my life. So yesterday I took an afternoon nap. And it was SO good. The laundry still got done (mostly, I'll throw in the socks in a minute), and the dishes all got done. The animals were fed, the house is relatively clean, and the world didn't explode. I had a lot more energy to do things, and I was probably a lot nicer to my husband last night as well.

Have you taken the time to take a nap lately? On a sunny afternoon with the windows open to let a cool breeze in, I don't know if there's anything better than a little down-time. Even if you are at a job where you can't take a nap (yesterday was my day off), what can you do to nourish yourself? Take 5 minutes to meditate, or 10 minutes at lunch for a relaxing stroll around the block (I'm not talking about power walking and exercising here, just a nice little stroll). What are some other things you can do to bring a little peace and joy to your day?

4 comments:

  1. Meditation does it for. A 15 minute meditation, with an intention (which may be to relax), really relaxes AND energizes me, leaving me more alert too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss not being able to take a lunchtime nap at work. Funny part is, once you do it, your body expects it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those 30-minute lunch breaks make it tough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do get a meditation in most mornings or evenings. BUT its been a while since I've just laid in bed with the windows open appreciating the breeze. Sigh.... life with a toddler... good by breeze through the window!

    ReplyDelete