Friday, May 13, 2011

It's a Magickal Life

It really is, and I've created this blog to remind myself of that. The past couple of years I have not taken the time to really enjoy my life. With the days flying by, it's time to slow down and smell the rosemary.

I started spontaneously doing magick when I was very young (about 3-4 years old). Unfortunately, as I got older I was told that some of the things I was doing were "of the Devil." I prayed and prayed for the Evil to be taken away from me. Eventually I realized it was not I who was the problem - it was my fundamentalist upbringing and the close-mindedness that comes along with it. I was finally able to free myself from those shackles, moved over 2,500 miles away, and found more like-minded people.

I consider myself Pagan, but I am not Wiccan nor do I worship any particular pantheon. I do not cast circles and I do not use tools such as athames. I don't begrude anyone who casts circles or uses tools, I just find these things unneccessary. I am very happy about the recent surge in Wicca and Pagan religions in general - the Earth could use some good stewards.

I believe that whatever is out there is more ethereal, not embodied in any particular diety or being (however symbolic). This energy is around us all the time, like television or radio waves. We need only tune into what I like to call "Radio Universe" to understand how things truly are. I could probably be described as a pantheist, or maybe even a panantheist, but for now just call me Ame (short for Amethyst).

I am keeping this blog to keep myself more accountable and to focus more on my own spiritual journey. My journey is always changing. I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment